So recently I've been leveling jewelcrafting on my paladin, and I found myself high enough to go to Outlands and farm. While out in Hellfire, I notice that one of the pvp areas was captured by the Alliance so I flew over there to recap it. At the time I was spec'd my prot spec, so I threw on the little pvp gear I had, but kept the rest as my prot gear (thank you equipment manager!).
When I get there, there's a single Ally prot pally who had capped the area. I fly in and toss my avenger's shield at him.
And thus began an epic battle.
Turns out he was spec'd prot too, and he had about 7k more hp than me. Roughly five minutes later, I found myself dead. I ran back to my body and tried again (stubborn, eh?). Well, I lost that fight too, so I res'd out of sight, mounted and flew off to lick my wounds and farm more ore.
Well a little while later I landed in Thrallmar to check my mail and lo and behold, the same pally is attacking lowbies. So, with the guards' help, I throw my shield at him again and engage him in yet another battle. This time, he ran for a bit (obviously to get away from the guards), but in the process I managed to aggro a Fel Reaver. So the two of us fought a moving battle-- trying to get out of each others' consecrations, and him trying to get away from the guards. All told, that battle probably took around 10 mintues, and ended up in the road (you know, the one that leads to Hellfire Citadel and is populated by hostile mobs-- quite a distance from Thrallmar). Once again I find myself dead, so I run back to my body, look for him, and see he's gone. So I res and go back to finish my original task of checking my mail.
And that's when the whisper came.
Ruhtra, Eus, and Edyion have all independently posted about the experience of the Alliance Death Knight and his QQing on a Horde alt, so I won't discuss that beyond saying that rolling opposite faciton toons to complain to someone your level who owned you is childish to say the least. So of course I get the whisper from an unknown character, and a /who of him reveals a lvl 1 character. At which point this toon identifies himself as the Alliance paladin. And then the unthinkable occurred: he thanked me. He said, and I quote "thanks for the battle of epic proportions [...] that ws the most fun I've had against another prot pally." I, of course, also commented on his skill since he had managed to kill me three times but not, obviously, without a hell of a fight.
So that's the lesson for today. Not all Alliance players are jerks and not all of them are children who have to roll a Horde character to complain. Some of them might even roll a Horde toon to congratulate you for a fun battle.
Just don't expect it to happen often.
Stay a while and listen.
14 years ago
This is not a soft spot I sense in your blood lust is it?
ReplyDeleteNope, just one of those moments where you find an opponent who's actually worthy and honorable.
ReplyDeleteBravo! To find one of those kind of allies is hard to find on our server. But please, don't go soft on us....unless I should have to fetch my Broom of Doom!?!?!?!? j/k :)
ReplyDelete